Inglewood St. Albert Homes & Real Estate
Inglewood is a very interesting neighboured that is atypical of the other communities within the city. A small population of residents is nestled between the Sturgeon River and Red Willow Park on one side, and a large commercial corridor on the other.
Sitting in the upper centre of the City, Inglewood has a small population of ~1,490, with a median age of 47. This neighbourhood is known to have shorter tenure than other neighbourhoods that were established in the 1980s, perhaps due in part to the fact that most of the community is zoned commercially. A small section is zoned as low-density residential, with some housing in the medium residential zones.
There are two green spaces, but no schools directly in Inglewood. However, a large mall, St. Albert Centre, and quick access to Boudreau Road make this neighbourhood desirable for those wanting to be close to shops and services.
Development Began: 1980s
Type of homes: Condos, Townhouses
Parks in the Area: Red Willow Park; Ironwood Park
Schools in the Area:
- Elementary: École Marie Poburan (French Immersion), Keenooshayo, Leo Nickerson, Neil M. Ross Catholic Elementary School
- Junior High: École Secondaire Sainte Marguerite d’Youville (French Immersion), Lorne Akins, Richard S. Fowler Catholic Junior High School
- High School: École Secondaire St. Albert Catholic High School (English and French Immersion), Paul Kane (for French immersion only), St. Albert Public Outreach High School, St. Gabriel Education Centre (Outreach)
- Close to downtown shopping and amenities
- Home to Firehall #2, RCMP Detachment, Inglewood Town Centre, St. Albert Centre, St. Albert Square and Summit Centre
Development of Inglewood started with St. Albert Centre and Red Willow Park in the 1980s. More commercial development continued during the 1990s, and the first residential homes also began to appear during this time. In fact, for awhile St. Albert Centre stood out as a “lone wolf” on the edge of town, but now shops, services, and homes have filled in the areas around it.
Despite its smaller size and population, Inglewood is bustling, exciting, and essential to St. Albert as it is also the home of an RCMP detachment, fire department, food bank, and community village.
Today Inglewood is known as a busy little hub that is perfect for anyone that wants to live in the thick of the action.
The above information was taken from the city of St. Albert website.
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Inglewood, St. Albert.
If you would like more information on any of these Inglewood real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Inglewood listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.