Erin Ridge St. Albert Homes & Real Estate
While St. Albert had no desire to be annexed by Edmonton (see the history of Akinsdale for more information on that), it was interested in doing some annexing of its own. The lands for Erin Ridge were annexed in 1980, adding what would become one of the largest neighbourhoods in St. Albert.
Situated on the city’s northern boundary, Erin Ridge has a population of ~5,960 with an average age of 40.50. Centralized parks and green spaces provide beautiful views for low and medium residential housing. A commercial corridor sits on the lower west side of the neighbourhood, bordered by St. Albert Trail and the Sturgeon Community Hospital. House prices in Erin Ridge are higher than some of the other communities, with the median list price in excess of $500,000.
St. Albert Transit (StAT) services Erin Ridge with weekday local routes, access to weekday commuter routes to Edmonton, and Dial A Bus.
About Erin Ridge
Development Began: 1980s
Type of homes: Single Family Homes, Apartments, Duplexes, Townhouses
Parks in the area: Eldorado, Erin Ridge, Ted Hole, Estate, Erin Ridge Ball Park, Edgewater, Erin Ridge Ravine, Eastcott, Ellesmere
Schools in the Area
- Elementary: École Alexandre Taché, École Marie Poburan (French Immersion), Keenooshayo, Leo Nickerson, Lois E. Hole, Neil M. Ross Catholic Elementary School
- Junior High: École Secondaire Sainte Marguerite d’Youville (French Immersion), Joseph M. Demko, Lorne Akins, Richard S. Fowler Catholic Junior High School
- High School: École Secondaire St. Albert Catholic High School (English and French Immersion), Paul Kane (for French immersion only), St. Albert Public Outreach High School, St. Gabriel Education Centre (Outreach)
- Near the Shops of Boudreau
- Right along St. Albert Trail with easy access to Edmonton
- Lots of greenspace with treed areas and storm ponds along the trails and parks
- Basketball court, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, and play structures
- Close to Sturgeon Community Hospital
- Trails in Erin Ridge lead from one side of the community to the other
- Elliot Place seasonal Christmas display
Not only is Erin Ridge one of the most populous neighbourhoods in St. Albert, but it’s also among the youngest. After annexation in 1980, development has continued to this day, with the recent additions of Costco and the French immersion École Alexandre Taché.
Sturgeon Community Hospital, a prominent feature of this neighbourhood, opened in 1992. This hospital provides a wide variety of in and outpatient services, including pulmonary rehabilitation; spiritual care for decisions about life, death, grief, and ethics; computed tomography; and much more. It’s also home to the Sturgeon Community Hospital Foundation, a place where many find opportunities to volunteer and/or give back to the community.
Erin Ridge is the perfect place for those that love Christmas. Neighbours along Elliot Place, a residential street, come together to transform their street each holiday season with a vibrant display of Christmas lights. Visitors that come to view the lights can bring donations to the St. Albert Food Bank.
A seamless mix of housing, hospital care, schools, parks, and commercial services makes Erin Ridge an ideal location for community-minded residents, and for these reasons, Erin Ridge continues to grow rapidly.
The above was taken from the City of St. Albert website.
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Erin Ridge, St. Albert.
If you would like more information on any of these Erin Ridge real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Erin Ridge listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.