Deer Ridge St. Albert Homes & Real Estate
Deer Ridge is one of the larger neighbourhoods in St. Albert with a population of ~5,985. The average age is 38.60. As the families that settled here early have children that are growing up and moving on to new adventures outside of the city, the average age of Deer Ridge is expected to shift upwards in the coming decades.
Most of Deer Ridge features low-density residential housing with two smaller areas zoned for medium density. Commercial services are concentrated on the eastern side. The current average house price in Deer Ridge is $399,900.
About Deer Ridge
Development began: 1980s
Type of homes: Single Family Homes
Parks in the area: Dorchester, Deer Ridge Park, Daulton, Deerbourne Drive
Schools in the Area
- Elementary: École Father Jan (French Immersion), J.J. Nearing Catholic Elementary School, Muriel Martin Elementary School
- Junior High: École Secondaire Sainte Marguerite d’Youville (French Immersion), Vincent J. Maloney Catholic Junior High School, William D. Cuts
- High School: Bellerose Composite High School, École Secondaire St. Albert Catholic High School (English and French Immersion), Paul Kane (for French immersion only), St. Albert Public Outreach High School, St. Gabriel Education Centre (Outreach)
- Borders the edge of town
- Includes commercial services
- Largely comprised of single-family homes
- A newer neighbourhood
Like the many children in this neighbourhood, Deer Ridge is a community that grew up. In the early 80s, the plans called for Deer Ridge to be a smaller neighbourhood, but the ideal location and the fact that the area’s schools made the community popular for young families meant the borders would later be expanded beyond the original plans. With the expansion, development took place from 1982 all the way into the 2000s.
Currently, Deer Ridge is one of the youngest neighbourhoods for two reasons – the average median age and the fact that development has only recently finished. It looks like the location of being close to farmland yet being right in the city is a combination that is difficult to beat for the thousands of people that call Deer Ridge home.
The above information was taken from the City of St. Albert website.
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in Deer Ridge, St. Albert.
If you would like more information on any of these Deer Ridge real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Deer Ridge listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.