RIDEAU PARK REAL ESTATE

The area in which Rideau Park lies was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1959. Rideau Park is a rather compact neighbourhood, and is quite diverse in terms of its land use. Residential land use takes up just over a third of the total land area, while commercial and institutional space accounts for the remainder.

Residential structures are mixed within the neighbourhood. Single- and semi-detached homes account for 30 percent of all units within the neighbourhood, and apartments under five stories account for the remaining 70 percent. The bulk of development in Rideau Park occurred during the 1970s, with another significant development period in the late 1990s.

The school and park site are located in the neighbourhood’s centre and also serve residents in Duggan, the neighbourhood to the south. The neighbourhood is bounded by a collector road to the south, an arterial to the west, and freeways to the north and east. Large landscaped boulevards buffer the neighbourhood from these roadways.

Connections with Whitemud Drive to the north, 11th Street to the west, and Calgary Trail to the east mean that residents of Rideau Park have excellent accessibility to other parts of the city. In addition to the commercial amenities available within the community itself, the Southgate Centre shopping mall is located just north of Rideau Park across Whitemud Drive. The Southgate Light Rail Transit (LRT) station is located at the mall along 111th Avenue, providing residents with improved transit accessibility.

The neighbourhood is named after Rideau Hall, the official residence in Ottawa of the Governor-General of Canada.

7 Properties
Courtesy Of Valerie Oudin Of Maxwell Challenge Realty
$499,900
Neighbourhood: Rideau Park (Edmonton)
5
Beds
3F11/2
Baths
1,770
Sq.Ft.
1973
Year Built
10
Days on Site
E4301409
MLS®
AMAZING location! This house is nestled in a cul de sac on a quiet street, surrounded by trees and on a huge pie shape lot! You'll be impressed as you enter by the beautiful hardwood floors, the...
Courtesy Of Michael Speers Of Maxwell Challenge Realty
$699,900
Neighbourhood: Rideau Park (Edmonton)
5
Beds
3
Baths
1,566
Sq.Ft.
1973
Year Built
24
Days on Site
E4299065
MLS®
COMPLETELY RENOVATED 1600sf bungalow on a 1/4 acre lot in a cul-de-sac backing a field shared with an Elementary & Jr High School. Open concept - GORGEOUS kitchen with 8' white waterfall quartz...
Courtesy Of Renee Brown Of RE/MAX Real Estate
2
Beds
2
Baths
1,189
Sq.Ft.
1997
Year Built
33
Days on Site
E4297015
MLS®
Welcome home to this GREAT 2 BEDROOM/2 BATHROOM condo! It is perfectly situated at WHITEMUD CROSSING with easy access to Calgary Trail and the Whitemud freeway. As you enter the front door, you'll...
Courtesy Of Stefanie Seidel Of Rimrock Real Estate
$499,900
Neighbourhood: Rideau Park (Edmonton)
5
Beds
2F11/2
Baths
1,315
Sq.Ft.
1970
Year Built
48
Days on Site
E4294002
MLS®
Renovated bungalows in Rideau Park don't come along often! This 1300 square foot 5 bedroom home has it all! The main floor features a large foyer, an open entertaining space with big windows,...
Courtesy Of Mona Tarrabain Of Royal Lepage Arteam Realty
$184,900
Condo: Grande Whitemud
2
Beds
2
Baths
1,052
Sq.Ft.
1998
Year Built
48
Days on Site
E4291024
MLS®
GREAT TOP FLOOR SOUTH FACING UNIT, this bright 2 bedroom 2 bathroom with with lots of closet space shows great and is ideal place to call home and also great for roommates as bedrooms are at...
Courtesy Of Stephen Yip Of RE/MAX Elite
$179,900
Condo: Grande Whitemud
2
Beds
2
Baths
1,045
Sq.Ft.
1998
Year Built
77
Days on Site
E4288192
MLS®
Bright and open 2 bedroom unit located on the 3/F with south facing exposure. Popular layout with 2 bedrooms situated on opposite side with some degree of privacy. New screen door. Newer stacked...
Courtesy Of Bruce Weiss Of RE/MAX Excellence
$165,000
Condo: Grande Whitemud
1
Beds
1
Baths
764
Sq.Ft.
1998
Year Built
82
Days on Site
E4287278
MLS®
Top floor one bedroom suite with uptown northern skyline view. Perfect for students wanting a cool place to live! Big breakfast bar counter in the practical step-saver kitchen featuring wood cabinets...