LANSDOWNE REAL ESTATE

Lansdowne was developed on land annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1960. The neighbourhood was developed throughout the 1960s and was nearly complete within the decade.

Approximately 64 percent of Lansdowne residences are single-detached homes on above average-sized lots. The remaining 36 percent of homes are low- and high-rise apartment buildings located in the southeast and northeast corners of the neighbourhood.

The focus of the neighbourhood is a multi-purpose educational and recreational site with nearby transit routes. Strategically placed paths and the grassy open space of a pipeline right-of-way promote pedestrian and bicycle travel through the neighbourhood. Bicycle paths also run through the eastern portion of the nearby University of Alberta farm fields. To the west, Whitemud Creek Ravine offers a natural woodland habitat, a skiing and recreational facility, and access to river valley park trails.

Residents are served by businesses located in the Lansdowne Shopping Centre. A wider range of goods and services is available at the nearby Southgate Centre. Neighbourhood residents also have good road access to other shopping and employment destinations via 122nd Street and Whitemud Drive.

Lansdowne was named in honour of the Earl of Lansdowne, the Governor-General of Canada from 1883 to 1888.

4 Properties