KING EDWARD PARK REAL ESTATE

The King Edward Park neighbourhood is bounded on the north by 82nd Avenue and the south by 76th Avenue. A portion of the land in King Edward Park was being farmed as early as the 1870s.

The neighbourhood’s development history is reflected in Edmonton’s pattern of growth. The land west of 91st Street was annexed by the City of Strathcona in 1907 and was later absorbed by Edmonton through the amalgamation of the two cities in 1912. The portion of the neighbourhood between 91st Street and 75th Street was annexed by Edmonton in 1913, but the majority of development in the area did not occur until the 1950s. As Edmonton continued to grow, the portion east of 75th Street was added to the city in 1960.

Single-detached housing accounts for just over 50 percent of the structures in King Edward Park, and one-quarter of the neighbourhood’s dwelling units are found in low-rise apartments, with the remainder of multi-unit homes located in semi-detached residences and row housing.

The structures at the western end of King Edward Park are generally the oldest in the neighbourhood. Early residents of this area were able to hear the train whistles of the Edmonton, Yukon, and Pacific Railway as trains wound their way through the Mill Creek Ravine. The railway tracks have since been replaced with a pathway that connects the ravine to the North Saskatchewan River Valley park system.

The neighbourhood’s western border is formed by the Mill Creek Ravine, which gives residents excellent access to natural amenity space. Retail businesses and services are located at the nearby Bonnie Doon Mall, and additional commercial amenities are located along 82nd Avenue and in the area east of 75th Street.

King Edward Park was named before it was annexed to the City of Edmonton. It commemorates King Edward VII (1841-1910), the eldest son of Queen Victoria.

35 Properties
Page 1 of 3