HIGH PARK REAL ESTATE
The High Park neighbourhood was formerly part of the Town of Jasper Place, which was annexed to the City of Edmonton in 1964. The neighbourhood is bounded by four major roadways: 107th and 111th Avenues, and 149th and 156th Streets.
While High Park has been in existence since 1912, development in the area did not get under way until the 1950s and 1960s. The neighbourhood is below average size with a gross area of approximately 71 hectares, and it is dominated by smaller single-family bungalows and generously sized lots. The streets are laid out in a grid pattern. The neighbourhood has an elementary school and two parks (High Park and Ken Newman Park).
The limited commercial development is concentrated along 111th Avenue. Area residents have good access to Westmount Mall and to the northwest industrial district for commercial and employment needs.
The neighbourhood may have been named after one of two High Parks located in northeast England.